December 3, 10, 17; 5:30 p.m.
Take a deep dive into the world of whiskey at the fifth annual Whiskey Festival presented by ChowNow. This year’s festival, moderated by Adam Laukhuf, co-author of Big Macs & Burgundy, will take shape as an interactive live stream experience where you will enjoy whiskey tastings paired with light bites comfortably and safely from home. During the virtual tasting series sip the finest selections, experience new labels, and learn about the whiskey process.
The ChowNow Challenge: In celebration of the season of giving, a portion of the ticket proceeds will go to each restaurant’s charity of choice. ChowNow will match the donation of the restaurant that sells the most tickets. Each ticket includes a whiskey kit, appetizer sampler, and goodie bag from a local L.A. restaurant:
December 3 – Ronan
- Appetizer: Housemade Focaccia and Cultured Butter, Selection of Cured Meats, and Burrata Genovese
- Benriach: Tastings of Benriach 10 year, Benriach Smoky 10 year, plus The Perfect Penicillin Cocktail Kit
- House of Suntory: A Tasting of Suntory Toki
- Charity: Alex’s Lemonade Stand
December 10 – Forma (Venice location)
- Appetizer: Chicken liver pate served in a jar with tomato and onion jam and fruit and pecan bread; Arancini; Selection of cheeses
- Tastings of Small Batch from Basil Hayden’s, Jim Beam, Knob Creek
- Don Francisco’s Coffee
- Charity: No Us Without You LA
December 17 – Baltaire
- Appetizer: Bacon-wrapped country pate with pistachio and served with Dijon mustard, radish, cornichon, pickled red onion, toasted baguette; Cheese Selection; Mini Chocolate Tart
- Maker’s Mark: Tasting of Maker’s 46 Cask Strength
- The Glenlivet: Tasting of The Glenlivet 12 YO
- Charity: Chefs Cycle/No Kid Hungry
How It Works:
- Purchase your Whiskey Festival ticket by selecting your restaurant of choice (try all three!). You will be redirected to ChowNow’s website to purchase tickets.
- Each ticket comes with (1) whiskey kit and (1) appetizer sampler, and goodie bag including a keepsake Whiskey Festival glassware.
- You will be able to add additional food items such as entrées to your order which will be ready on the designated pick-up date and time.
- Drive to the restaurant on the designated pick-up date and time to pick-up your kit and appetizer. Only pick-up available. (Dec 3, 10, or 17; 3 – 5 p.m.)
- Tune in to the live stream starting at 5:30 p.m. A link will be sent out 1 hour prior to the show.
For questions please email email@example.com.