In December, Los Angeles magazine hosted the fifth annual Whiskey Festival presented by ChowNow. Set over three days, the festival was formatted into an interactive live stream experience moderated by Adam Laukhuf, co-author of Big Macs & Burgundy. Attendees sipped on the finest selections while they learned about the whiskey- making process comfortably and safely from their homes.
Guests took home a whiskey kit that included whiskey tastings paired with appetizer samplers from local L.A. restaurants (Ronan, Forma, and Baltaire) and a goodie bag which included samples of Don Francisco’s Coffee, Dirt Kitchen Snacks, keepsake Whiskey Festival branded glassware, and Morning Recovery by More Labs.
A portion of ticket proceeds went to each restaurant’s charity of choice and ChowNow matched the donation of the restaurant that sold the most tickets.
- Appetizer: Housemade Focaccia and cultured butter, Selection of cured meats; Burrata Genovese
- Tastings: Suntory Toki, Benriach 10 Year, Benriach Smoky 10 Year, and The Perfect Penicillin Cocktail made with Benriach Smoky 10 Year
- Charity: Alex’s Lemonade Stand
- Appetizer: Chicken liver paté served in a jar with tomato and onion jam and fruit and pecan bread; Arancini; Selection of cheeses
- Tastings: Jim Beam Black, Basil Hayden’s Bourbon, Knob Creek 9 Year Bourbon, and Don Francisco’s Coffee
- Charity: No Us Without You LA
- Appetizer: Bacon-wrapped country paté with pistachio and served with Dijon mustard, radish, cornichon, pickled red onion, toasted baguette; Cheese selection; Mini chocolate tart
- Tastings: Maker’s 46 Cask Strength and The Glenlivet 12 YO
- Charity: Chefs Cycle/No Kid Hungry
Photography by: Kiernan Michelle Photography