On Friday, November 16th, Los Angeles magazine hosted a “Made in L.A.” Breakfast Conversation at Kate Mantilini in Beverly Hills. The morning chat, sponsored by Art Center College of Design, included a panel discussion moderated by Los Angeles magazine’s Style Editor Linda Immediato and featured Sam Ku of AG Adriano Goldschmied, Calleen Cordero of Calleen Cordero Designs, and John McDavid Lehman of R.B. of McD. The panelists addressed the challenges and benefits of manufacturing in L.A. and the future of fashion in the city. Mayor Antonio Villaraigosa made a special appearance to discuss his “Designed in L.A.” initiative that promotes and encourages apparel manufacturing in Los Angeles.
- Editor-in-Chief Mary Melton, Mayor Antonio Villaraigosa, and Style Editor Linda Immediato
- Mayor Antonio Villaraigosa discussing the Designed in L.A. initiative that promotes and encourages apparel manufacturing in Los Angeles
- Guests listening to the Made in L.A. panel
- The panelists: Sam Ku of AG Adriano Goldschmied, Calleen Cordero of Calleen Cordero footwear, handbags and accessories, and John McDavid Lehman of RB of McD
- Students’ from Art Center College of Design works on display