In September, Los Angeles magazine supported City of Hope’s 14th annual Songs of Hope soirée at the beautiful KIDinaKORNER Kampus in Sherman Oaks. The star-studded event presented by Spotify included an awards presentation honoring composers and songwriters:
- Clive Davis “Legend in Songwriting” Award, presented by Clive Davis to Benny Blanco and Mike WiLL Made-It
- “She Is The Music” Honor presented by Jody Gerson, Universal Music Publishing Group to SZA
- Martin Bandier “Vanguard” Award, presented by Marty Bandier to Sarah Aarons
- Warner/Chappell Music “Icon of Hope” Award, presented by Warner/Chappell’s Carianne Marshall and Kurt Deutsch to Stephen Schwartz.
- Electronic Arts “Composer of the Year” Award presented by Steve Schnur to James Newton Howard
- Songs of Hope Beverly and Ben Horowitz Legacy Award presented by Zach Horowitz and Jody Horowitz-Marsh to international expert in leukemia, lymphoma and bone marrow transplantation, Stephen J. Forman, M.D., the Francis & Kathleen McNamara Distinguished Chair in Hematology and Hematopoietic Cell Transplantation at City of Hope.
Throughout the evening guests enjoyed savory and decadent bites from Kitchen12000, wine from Maddalena along with Tito’s Vodka, Black Feather Whiskey cocktails and Himalayan Water. To date, Songs of Hope has raised nearly $3.4 Million supporting City of Hope, a world-renowned independent cancer research and treatment center.
Photographed by Jim Donnelly