The National Women’s History Museum’s Los Angeles Regional Council honored Rita Moreno, Fran Drescher and the United Nation’s Girl Up initiative at its Women Making History reception sponsored by Los Angeles magazine at the Mr. C Hotel in Beverly Hills on Thursday Oct. 24th. Melina Kanakaredes served as the evening’s M.C. and was joined on stage by NWHM president, Joan Wages, NWHM Board member and LA Council Chair, Elana Pianko, Rosie O’Donnell (who introduced Ms. Drescher), and George Chakiris (who introduced Ms. Moreno). 6-time Olympic swimming medalist Rebecca Soni accepted the honor on behalf of Girl Up. The event is held each year to raise awareness and support for the National Women’s History Museum, which is lobbying Congress to identify a site for its building on the National Mall in Washington, D.C. Among the 250 guests were NWHM Ambassador and star of Devious Maids, Brianna Brown, NWHM Ambassador and Actress Susan Lucci, Actresses Judy Reyes, Ana Ortiz, Marianna Klaveno, Rebecca Wisocky, and NWHM Interim Board Chair Carey Shuart.
- NWHM Honoree Rita Moreno enjoying the program with cast of Devious Maids
- NWHM Honoree Fran Drescher was introduced by her good friend Rosie O’Donnell
- Host for the evening, Actress Melina Kanakaredes bonded with West Side Story star George Chakaris over their Greek heritage
- The Honorees with NWHM President Joan Wages
- Rita Moreno with the cast of Devious Maids
- The NWHM Los Angeles Council