Los Angeles magazine hosted the fourth annual Burgers Bourbon + Beer at The Bloc in Downtown LA where nine local restaurants competed in a burger battle. Los Angeles magazine editors, Genesis of Glendale executives and guests sampled gourmet tastings to crown the best of the evening. Genesis’ Choice went to The Left Handed Cook; Rappahannock Oyster Bar was awarded the People’s Choice; and Button Mash was crowned the Critics’ Choice. Honorable mentions went to Umami Burger (Most Creative); STK Steakhouse (Best Patty); and George’s Burger Stand (Tastiest Sauce).
Event highlights also included:
• The Genesis Luxury Lounge showcasing the 2019 G70
• Sips of Maker’s Mark craft cocktails, boutique bourbon tastings, and beers from Kona Brewing Co.
• The SoFi photo booth experience
• CBD-infused sparkling beverages from MedMen
• Old fashioned glasses compliments of Downtown Center Business Improvement District
• Root beer floats made with BuzzBar® alcohol-infused ice cream
This year’s charity partner was City Year Los Angeles.
Participating Bourbons and Beverages
Blackened American Whiskey
Four Roses Bourbon
Garrison Brothers Distillery
Kona Brewing Co.
Uncle Nearest Premium Whiskey
Photographed by Jim Donnelly & Kyle Munson