Los Angeles magazine was off to the races as the sponsor of the Fascinators and Fedoras fashion event at the 30th Breeders’ Cup World Championships at Santa Anita Park on November 1 and 2. The contest crowned the lady with the best fascinator and the gentleman with the best fedora. Los Angeles magazine style editor, Linda Immediato, joined a distinguished panel of judges to evaluate the high-style headgear. The big winner of the day was Gary Stevens bringing home a purse of 5 Million after a tight race on the beautiful Mucho Macho Man. For more information or dates for the 2014 Breeders’ Cup, visit breederscup.com.
- Mucho Macho Man with 50-year-old jockey Gary Stevens wins the Breeders’ Cup Classic with a photo finish.
- One of the 850+ Fascinators and Fedoras contestants at the Westfield Mall product display
Toni Braxton performed the National Anthem for 100,000 eager racing fans
- A view from the starting line
Stylish ladies adorned in fascinators and pearls set the tone for fashion must have’s
- A showing of the thoroughbreds before the race in the Winners Circle
- Richie Sambora performs Call to Post during the 2013 Breeders’ Cup
- Fashionistas enjoying all the Breeders’ Cup has to offer
- Striking a pose for adoring cameras
- Racing fans watching intently
- Betting gals counting their winnings
- Color coordinating head pieces were a home run for these VIP guests