The Food Event General Information
Where is the event held?
Hummingbird Nest Ranch – 2940 Kuehner Dr., Santa Susana, CA 93063
Nestled in the Santa Susana Mountains less than a half hour from L.A., this extensive property is surrounded by groves of olive trees, sparkling fountains, romantic accommodations, and a stunning canyon setting that is absolutely one-of-a-kind.
Where do I park?
Self-parking is available at Hummingbird Nest Ranch. Staff will be available to direct you. Be prepared to walk from the parking lots to the event entrance.
Can I leave my car overnight?
No. Vehicles cannot be left on property after 5PM. There will be no access to Hummingbird Nest Ranch after 5PM.
Can I bring a baby in a stroller or do I need a carrier?
No. Due to state and federal alcohol laws all attendees are required to be age 21 or older. No one under 21 is permitted, including infants and small children in child carriers or strollers. This policy will be strictly enforced and you will not be permitted entrance to the event.
Can I bring my pet?
No. Pets are not permitted at the venue.
Are there any age restrictions for the event?
Yes. The event is restricted to guests 21 years of age. Valid proof of ID is required.
Is smoking allowed?
No. Smoking is not permitted in any area of the property.
What is the event attire?
Casual attire is recommended. Some of the event takes place on grass, so dress accordingly. Flats or wedges are strongly encouraged for ladies.
What will the weather be like?
The event is held rain or shine. Prepare accordingly. For daily weather updates, click here.
Where can I buy tickets?
There are limited tickets available on lamag.com/thefoodevent2021. There is no other official source of ticket purchase. DO NOT purchase tickets from any source other than our website. Only the first scanned ticket is deemed valid and we cannot guarantee the authenticity of tickets purchased outside of our website.
How do I get a refund?
All tickets for the event are non-refundable.
What do I do if my tickets are lost or stolen?
Los Angeles magazine will not replace lost or stolen passes or tickets. Make sure to keep your credentials in a very secure place and have them in your possession when arriving to the event.
Can I resell my tickets at the venue?
The resale of tickets (“scalping”) is against the law and will not be permitted in or around the venue. Violators will be reported to the Los Angeles Police Department. In addition, in accordance with the Los Angeles Municipal code SEC. 42.03 guests may not sell their unused tickets to others in and around the various event venues. Los Angeles Municipal Code SEC. 42.03 states: “No person in or upon any public street, sidewalk or other public space shall sell or re-sell any ticket of admission to a place of public assemblage. No person in or or upon any place which is open to the public shall sell or re-sell or offer to sell or re-sell any ticket of admission to a place of public assemblage.”
Please note that ONLY the FIRST scanned ticket will be deemed valid. DO NOT purchase a ticket from any source other than the event website. Los Angeles magazine will not guarantee the validity of tickets purchased through any third party.
Can tickets be held at will call?
No. You must print your e-ticket sent from Eventbrite prior to the event or display the barcode on your mobile device at check-in.
Will tickets be available at the door?
Yes. Tickets are available on event day for $140.
Health & Safety
- UPDATED: The event will take place in both an indoor and outdoor setting. Per California Department of Public Health (CDPH) guidelines for indoor mega events, attendees are REQUIRED to be fully vaccinated or obtain a negative COVID-19 test before arriving at the event. All attendees and staff MUST show proof (print or digital) of full vaccination approved by the FDA or WHO or negative COVID test within 72 hours. Attendees and staff cannot self-attest to prove vaccination status or a negative test result.
- All persons attending indoor events are required to bring and wear masks, regardless of vaccination status, at the event, except while actively eating and drinking.
- All employees, regardless of vaccination status, are required to wear masks when working indoors.
- All attendees are REQUIRED to wear a mask while boarding and riding the shuttle to and from the parking lots to the entrance.
- Where to get your vaccine: https://myturn.ca.gov/
- Hand sanitizers will be strategically placed around the event area.
Event Cancellation due to COVID-19:
- In the event that The Food Event is cancelled due to California Department of Public Health (CDPH) and Los Angeles County Public Health (LACPH) guidelines, all tickets will be refunded.
We will continuously monitor California Department of Public Health (CDPH) and Los Angeles County Public Health (LACPH) guidelines and adjust any health and safety protocols leading up to the event. Vaccination status/negative test requirements, mask requirements, and any other health and safety protocols are subject to change at any time.
FOR ALL OTHER QUESTIONS E-MAIL [email protected]