Hope you’re hungry, Hello Kitty fans. Today marks the launch of Hello Kitty’s Hungry Hunt, a Sanrio-sponsored program that set to take over Los Angeles’ restaurants for the next month. The occasion is three-fold: It’s the 40th Anniversary of Hello Kitty; the highly anticipated Hello Kitty Convention is coming to MOCA at the Geffen Contemporary on Oct. 30, and the Japanese American Museum’s Hello! Exploring The Supercute World of Hello Kitty exhibit celebrating the colorful character is running now through April 26.
You can check out the 11 local restaurant and food shops offer special Hello Kitty-themed meal deals online, but really—if you’re a true superfan—the one you most need to know about is located at Plan Check Kitchen + Bar’s Downtown location, the recently-opened third branch of chef Ernesto Uchimura’s wonderfully unorthodox burger restaurant.
On the menu until until November 21 is the Hello Kitty Bento Box ($51) which is meant to be shared amongst two guests and includes:
- Hello Kitty Burger with housemade pink cheese, teriyaki onions, kombu pickles and miso mayo
- Fries with smoked salt and bacon spread
- Spicy tuna salad with seared albacore, sriracha dressing, crispy rice, avocado, and yellow Frisée.
- Strawberries ‘n’ cream cruller donut topped with vanilla ice cream
- Chilled green tea latte made with coconut milk, matcha powder and a Hello Kitty branded logo dusted on top
But wait! You’ll also receive a free collectible pin of Hello Kitty holding a burger. How’s that for adorable?
The Hello Kitty Bento Box is available on a first come first serve basis at Plan Check Downtown only, with limited quantities available daily.
Plan Check Kitchen + Bar, 1111 Wilshire Blvd., Westlake, 213-403-1616