Buy gift cards from your local restaurants to give them some much-needed cash flow right now—and help them help a worthy cause while you’re at it.
Los Angeles has partnered with Wagstaff Media & Marketing and a number of L.A. chefs to launch the One More Helping program. For every gift card purchased, participating restaurants will donate $1 to a worthy cause of their choice, like No Kid Hungry or the L.A. Regional Food Bank.
There’s a full list of participating restaurants—and the charities they’re supporting—on the One More Helping website, but early adopters include:
- Chef Daniel Patterson and the team at Alta Adams – donating to The Cooking Project
- Chef Kris Tominaga at Manuela – donating to Restaurant Opportunities Center United
- Chef Michael Reed of Poppy + Rose – donating to No Kid Hungry
- Chef Ray Garcia of Broken Spanish – donating to Heart of Los Angeles
- Chefs Brooke Williamson and Nick Roberts of Playa Provisions – donating to No Kid Hungry
- Owner Francesco Zimone at L’Antica Pizzeria da Michele – donating to A Place Called Home
- Owners Daniel & Angie Kim of Interstellar – donating to One Fair Wage Emergency Fund
- The team at Auburn – donating to Alexandria House
- The team at Bone Kettle – donating to Union Station Homeless Services
- The team at Bowlila – donating to Meals on Wheels
- The team at Destroyer – donating to Share Our Strength
- The team at Onda — donating to Upward Bound House
- The team at The Arthur J — donating to Los Angeles Regional Food Bank
- The team at Fishing with Dynamite — donating to Los Angeles Regional Food Bank
- The team at Simmzys — donating to Los Angeles Regional Food Bank
- The team at Tin Roof Bistro — donating to Los Angeles Regional Food Bank
“Restaurants, like so many other businesses, are radically changing the way we operate to protect the most vulnerable in our communities and fight this global health challenge,” says Chef Brooke Williamson of Playa Provisions. “We are asking anyone that is in a position to do so, to please help by purchasing a gift card to be enjoyed once we are through this challenging time. You can do so knowing you are helping not only one struggling industry or community in need, but many.”
Own a restaurant and want to participate? Email firstname.lastname@example.org for information on how your business can get involved.