Chef Jason Travi; photograph courtesy larrysvenice.com
Tonight, chef Brendan Collins (Waterloo & City, Larry’s) will debut his new guest chef dinner series, called Cooking with Friends. Guest chef Jason Travi (Fraiche, La Terza, Spago) will join Brendan and Joe Cook at Larry’s in Venice this evening to create a special seven-course tasting menu.
While the Cooking with Friends series will then go on hiatus for December, expect it to come back monthly starting in January with Jason Fullilove (LACMA). Other chefs that are also slated for future appearances: Ken Takayama (Mélisse), Chris Morningstar (Ray’s & Stark Bar), and Kevin Meehan (Kali Dining).
Cooking with Friends: Jason Travi at Larry’s
Wednesday, November 28, 6 to 10 p.m., $45 per person
For reservations: 310-399-2700 or [email protected]
- Clams Casino with cracker stuffing and bacon (Jason Travi)
- Waterloo chicken liver mousse with sweet potato jam and toast (Brendan Collins)
- Diver scallop tartare with winter citrus, pork rinds, and watercress (Travi)
- Short rib tortelloni with chanterelle mushrooms, Bloomsdale spinach, truffle sauce and crispy beef tendons (Collins)
- Magret duck breast with braised greens and maple-cider sauce (Travi)
- Blueberry-sage sorbet (Joe Cook)
- Chilled yogurt-tangerine soup with vanilla panna cotta and mint (Cook)
Larry’s, 24 Windward Ave., Venice, larrysvenice.com