This Sunday, January 10, the 73rd Annual Golden Globes will celebrate the best of film and television. Since no awards show is complete without a drinking game, here is our official guide to getting happily sloshed, featuring some of our favorite cocktails and brews.
- When Ricky Gervais—or anyone else, for that matter—mentions his past transgressions as host, get things started with a hefty glass of champagne.
- For every curse word that gets bleeped, drink a Silent Third.
- Every time Jennifer Lawrence’s name comes up, take a shot of Kentucky bourbon.
- If Transparent wins for Best Television Series, drink a Shangri-La.
- If Transparent loses, drink a Shangri-La anyway.
- Any time Amy Schumer is mentioned, guzzle a glass of white wine.
- For every category in which Carol is nominated, drink a tiny dry martini.
- For every category in which The Danish Girl is nominated, drink a Danish Modern.
- During the Best Motion Picture: Foreign category, drink any foreign beer of your choosing.
- When The Big Short is announced for Best Motion Picture, take a double shot of Loft & Bear vodka and then tweet your drunken congratulations to @RyanGosling. (By this time you’ll probably be hammered, so this will seem like an even better idea.)
- If Saoirse Ronan wins for Best Actress in Brooklyn, chug any of these fine, East Coast craft brews.
- If Saoirse Ronan loses, chug a Bud Light.
- When Game of Thrones is announced as a Best Television Series nominee, drink a glass of Italian Amarone.
- When Orange is the New Black is announced in the same category, pour yourself a Screwdriver.
Whoever is drunkest at the end wins!