ThefirstruleofChuckPalahniuksigningsisyoudon’ttalkaboutChuckPalahniuksignings. There, that’s out of the way.
This weekend, author Chuck Palahniuk will make an appearance at Book Soup in West Hollywood to promote his new graphic novel, Fight Club 2. The novel is a compilation of ten single-issue comics, the first of which was released in May of last year, and it finds Fight Club‘s unnamed narrator married, settled down, and medicated to address the mental illness that triggered fight club in the first place.
Of course, there’s nothing cool about treating mental illness, and there’s nothing cool about stability, so Palahniuk has the narrator—now named as Sebastian—relapse, and bring his old alter ego, Tyler Durden, back to life. Chaos ensues.
If you dare to attend this weekend’s signing, Book Soup would like you to know a few things. From their Web site:
- This FIGHT CLUB 2 appearance is a signing ONLY. (We can only assume this means there will be no tolerance for any real fight clubs that may break out amongst the superfans in line.)
- Chuck will not be performing or reading at this event.
- You must buy a copy of FIGHT CLUB 2 from Book Soup to be in line and you must be able to show your receipt for your copy upon request.
- In addition to FIGHT CLUB 2, Chuck will sign TWO other items (a piece of memorabilia or book).
- Chuck will happily pose for photos with fans.
We would also recommend bringing along some sort of tool with which you can pull your eyeballs back into resting position after you’re forced to roll them all the way up into your head while listening to self-indulgent, nihilistic fanboys bravely confront the harsh realities of life and the inevitability of death.
Here’s the trailer for the book:
Chuck Palahniuk will be at Book Soup on Saturday, July 2, 2016 at 3:00pm. 8818 Sunset Boulevard, West Hollywood, CA 90069