Kelly Rohrbach is a brave lady. At 25 years old, the model/actress/former-girlfriend-of-Leonardo-DiCaprio is picking up one of the most iconic torches ever to be laid on the shores of Southern California beaches: She’s signed on to play C.J. Parker—the iconic character originated by Pamela Anderson—in the film adaptation of Baywatch.
Rohrbach will star alongside Dwayne Johnson and Zac Efron in the film, which is slated for release in 2017. Her attachment to the project was announced yesterday, and at this critical juncture, here are five things you should know about the budding star:
- Lest you be judging a book by its cover right now, know that Rohrbach graduated from Georgetown University in 2012 with a degree in theater and performance. She then attended the London Academy of Music and Dramatic Arts.
- She recently appeared in a campaign for Love magazine that seems to pay homage to Faster Pussycat! Kill! Kill!. The model portrayed Kelly “Cherry Pie” Rohrbach.
- This isn’t her first time channeling Anderson. Rohrbach donned a yellow version of the Baywatch bikini in an ad for the RPG game Summoner’s War.
- She strongly dislikes Skittles, or any other chewy, fruity candy.
- During an interview with CNN, she forced the anchor to apologize after requesting that she hit a golf ball while inside the studio. The swing was almost completely impossible, thanks to the studio’s lighting rigs.
And now, here is a clip of Rohrbach and Johnson running in slo-mo down the beach: