Wednesday, February 24th; 6:30 p.m.
A special dining experience to celebrate and support the Best New Restaurants 2020 featuring a curated to-go tasting menu and virtual event.
Now, more than ever, Los Angeles restaurants need our support. We invite you to join us to help keep them cooking through these challenging times.
This year’s event will be a new way to discover the honorees from the January “Best New Restaurants – Quarantine Edition” issue comfortably and safely from home. Enjoy a unique tasting menu (delivered right to your door courtesy of QWQER) featuring dishes from a variety of this year’s restaurant winners, while going on a virtual epicurean journey featuring the chefs.
*Check back for updates and menus. Event details subject to change. Limited tickets available. Must be 21 years or older.
Westside Tasting Menu (To be shared between TWO (2) people)
- Mírame: Seafood Pozole Verde: olive oil poached moonfish, shrimp, albondigas, and brussels leaves
- Ospi: Spicy Rigatoni Alla Vodka Pasta Kit *prepare with the chefs during the virtual event*
- Pearl River Deli: Hainan Chicken
- Tamales Elena y Antojitos: Corn Husk Pork Tamale
- Plus Hank’s Bagels for the next morning!
Eastside Tasting Menu (To be shared between TWO (2) people)
- All Day Baby: ADB Smoked Chicken served with white BBQ sauce, house Tigre hot sauce, two buttermilk biscuits
- Found Oyster: Steamed Clam Kit *prepare with the chefs during the virtual event*
- Angry Egret Dinette: 1/2 Tata Ben Pastrami Sandwich + 1/2 Cubano Sandwich
- Sōgo Roll Bar: Crab and Salmon Hand Roll Kit
- Plus Hank’s Bagels for the next morning!
Each Tasting Menu also comes with:
- A bonus plant-based tasting from Simple Feast: Roasted Shawarma Spiced Tofu Wraps served with Pickled Cumin-Carrot Salad, Beet Dip, and Dill Cream
- Either a cocktail made with El Tesoro (Westside Kit) or House of Suntory (Eastside Kit)
- Flying Embers Hard Kombucha and Flying Embers Hard Seltzer
- A bottle of Bocce Ball wine
How It Works:
- Purchase your Best New Restaurant ticket by selecting the tasting menu of your choice.
- Each tasting menu is designed for TWO (2) people and includes tastings from 5 restaurants, cocktails, and a bottle of wine.
- Note, dishes may need to be assembled and/or reheated prior to enjoying.
- No substitutions or adjustments to the dishes available.
- Your tasting menu will be delivered to you courtesy of QWQER on February 24th by 6 p.m. (Delivery is included in the ticket price. Must be within a 15-mi radius of the pick-up locations: All Day Baby (Eastside kit) and Mírame (Westside kit))
- Tune in to the virtual culinary program starting at 6:30 p.m (a link will be sent out 1 hour prior to the show) moderated by Los Angeles magazine Food Editor Hailey Eber and featuring Little Coyote, All Day Baby, Mírame, Found Oyster, Ospi, House of Suntory, El Tesoro, and Mindy Weiss Party Consultants.
For questions, please email [email protected].
We have sold out of Tasting Kits for today’s Best New Restaurants Celebration. We hope you will still join us by tuning in to tonight’s virtual program on Zoom:
https://us02web.zoom.us/j/87833381126 (Webinar ID: 878 3338 1126)
*Check back for updates.
Deliver quicker with QWQER. Your dinner will literally be brought to you by QWQER! QWQER Cares – Stop the spread of COVID19 and stay safer at home courtesy of QWQER.
Simple Feast takes you on a journey toward a future where the power and flavors of plants are the focus of our meals. Through inspiring and delightful taste experiences, we can help move people’s eating habits in a more sustainable direction.
A hand-crafted, hard beverage brand with products that are 0 sugar, 0 carbs and contain live probiotics, functional adaptogens, and USDA-certified organic ingredients. The Ventura, CA based company donates a portion of their revenue to firefighters and first responder charitable organizations.
Founded in 1899, Shinjiro Torii built the House of Suntory with a singular vision: to craft quintessentially Japanese spirits that would suit the delicate palate of his people.
Bruxo is dedicated to those who understand, thanks to their wisdom, the times and gifts of mother earth. It’s not just respect for those who make it, it’s also respect for those who drink it. Bruxo pays tribute to the authentic hand crafted process to create mezcal.
El Tesoro is a celebration of our most precious asset: our blue weber agave. The agave we use to make our tequila is grown on the Camarena estate in the highlands of Jalisco, where the mineral-rich red soil plants a more rounded, fruity and floral flavor.