Ask Chris: There is an Empty Mansion in West Hollywood That’s Now Part of Laurel Park. Who Owned the Estate?

146
q3_L

Photograph courtesy 1343nlaurelave.org

In 1924, Chicago nickelodeon king Adolph Linick purchased the eight-bedroom colonial revival home at 1343 North Laurel Avenue for his family. Decades later West Hollywood landmark laws kept Linick’s grandson from tearing down the structure to build housing units. In 1997, the grandson and his mother made a deal with the city, exchanging ownership of the abode for tax breaks. The land was transformed into Laurel Park. Plans to utilize the house, possibly as an art gallery and wine tasting room, are under consideration.

Facebook Comments