Login / Register
ORNo Account? Register here.
Concern Foundation’s 39th Annual Block Party celebrating Los Angeles magazine’s Best of LA®
The 39th annual Concern Foundation Block Party was held on Saturday July 13th at Paramount Pictures Studios in Hollywood. Because of this event and the contributors and donors, an astounding $1.6 million was raised to support cancer research. The Concern Foundation is proud of this remarkable figure which represents a $130,000 increase over the amount raised in 2012. Since inception in 1968, the Concern Foundation has raised over $51 million for cancer research.
The Saturday night event showcased nearly 70 restaurants and caterers who provided a “taste” of their culinary specialties. The theme of the 2013 event, A SALUTE TO TELEVISION, honored TV pioneers Ava and Chuck Fries. The “New York” back lot at Paramount Pictures Studios was transformed into an energized block party where some 4,000 guests enjoyed food, drinks, and entertainment on four different stages. Some of the performers who rocked the night included: Paul McDonald Big Band featuring Tom Nolan, Captain Sugarman and the Space Cadets, and D’City Sound featuring DJ Dwayne. Hollywood celebrities and classic film and television footage could be seen from all angles of the party. Guests also enjoyed interactive activities like games and photo booths, a live auction featuring vacation packages with airfare from American Airlines, and a silent auction with everything from wine & dinner packages to spa and beauty treatments.
Los Angeles magazine, the media partner for 8 years running, outfitted the Best of LA® street with casino style gaming and cocktails sponsored by TANQUERAY®, the all-new Cadillac ATS, 2014 CTS and ELR, body assessments and massages from Equinox, a Vdara photo booth, a Stella Artois Beer Garden, artisan coffee and tea from Grand Avenue Coffee and samples from Clif and Luna bar. With the support of these sponsors, Los Angeles magazine donated $25,000 to Concern Foundation.
- The all-new 2014 Cadillac ATS on display
- At the Sensory Bar Guests learned about the ingredients used to make TANQUERAY® London Dry Gin
- TANQUERAY® served four signature cocktails throughout the evening
- Guests received body assetments and massages from Equinox
- Clif and Luna bar handed out tasty snacks
- Grand Avenue Coffee provided artisan coffee and tea
- The Stella Artois Beer Garden poured samples of Stella Artois, Hoegaarden, and Leffe
- The all-new 2014 Cadillac ELR
- Ladies pose in Vdara’s “Do Vegas Differently” photo booth
- Los Angeles magazine’s Best of LA® street was busy with activities from Stella Artois Beer Garden, TANQUERAY® casino, Vdara photo booth, Equinox Lounge, and much more
- Los Angeles magazine Publisher Erika Anderson presents a check of $25,000 to Concern Foundation
- Over 3,000 attendees filled the Paramount Studios Backlot
- Friends relax in the Equinox Lounge
- Guests stayed hydrated with specialty water provided by Equinox
- Attendees smile in front of the TANQUERAY® step and repeat
- Ashley Calhoun, winner of the Picture Yourself Here contest presented by Cadillac, won a two night stay at the luxurious Ojai Valley Inn & Spa