Americans love bacon. When those succulent strips of pork fat are combined with blue cheese and hearty potatoes, their taste buds explode like fireworks on the Fourth of July. For Horse Thief, that date is significant for a reason beside America's independence—it's also the Grand Central Market barbecue joint's first birthday. To celebrate, the window is staying open until 10 p.m., making it the perfect place to watch the Grand Park fireworks with brisket and some of this insane potato salad. Watching from somewhere else? Here's how to make it yourself.
Blue Cheese and Bacon Potato Salad
Yields approximately 6 individual servings
- 2 pounds medium diced cooked potatoes
- 2 ounces of blue cheese
- 4 strips cooked bacon (crumbled)
- 2 green onions sliced thinly on a bias
- 3 ounces extra virgin olive oil
- 1½ ounces white wine vinegar
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Combine vinegar & oil in blender until emulsified.
- Combine potatoes, bacon, blue cheese, and green onions.
- Mix dressing over potatoes, lightly mashing the potatoes until well combined with a creamy texture.
- Add salt and pepper to taste mixing well before adding more