Login / Register
ORNo Account? Register here.
Fourth of July Recipe: Peach Ketchup
Seasonal stone fruit makes for one tasty slather on your holiday grillables
A hot dog is a hot dog. But ketchup doesn’t have to be just… ketchup. This Friday, after you’re done dressing yourself in red, white, and blue, dress up your Fourth of July frank (or burger, or sweet potato fries) with some homemade peach ketchup. Not only is it delicious and sophisticated—think tangy meets fruity meets savory—its also deceivingly simple, and leftovers will probably taste really good smeared on some toast Saturday morning. Chef Ernesto Uchimura of Plan Check shares his recipe for this surprising stone fruit spread here.
Courtesy of Executive Chef Ernesto Uchimura
- 5 peaches
- 19 ounces brown sugar
- 2 cups cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon of minced ginger
- ½ teaspoon ground allspice
- ½ teaspoon of grated nutmeg
- 2 ½ teaspoons miso
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- Add all of the ingredients into a sauce pan and cook over med-high heat for 15 minutes.
- Once the mixture has cooled to room temperature, add ingredients to a blender and puree to desired consistency.
- Taste mixture to adjust seasoning.
- Serve room temperature or chilled.