Roger, Thumper, Bugs, the Energizer, Trix: We hate to tell you, but they're all delicious. This time of year we all have a little bunny on the brain thanks to the Germans who decided the rabbit—not the chicken—was the bearer of Easter eggs. Fast forward 200 years and now we’re up to our ears in hollowed-out chocolate bunnies, pastel pillows of marshmallow birds, and countless other candied farm animals. But why sugar-coat the critter? Even when not covered in milk chocolate, rabbit is a treat. If Lindt for lunch doesn’t sound appealing this Easter, hop over to one of these spots (above) for the real deal.
1. Osteria Mozza, 6602 Melrose Ave., Hollywood, (323) 297-0100
2. Animal, 435 N. Fairfax, Fairfax, (323) 782-9225
3. The Stinking Rose, 55 N. La Cienega Blvd., Beverly Hills, (310) 652-7673
4. Wurstkuche, 800 E. 3rd St., Downtown, (213) 687-4444
5. LA Chapter, 923 S. Broadway St., Downtown, (213) 235-9660