This is served at their “Little Royals” Afternoon Tea. A children’s tea to accompany the adult weekend tea that offers kids their own caffeine-free teas, kid-friendly small bites and an assortment of sweets. The little ones even get a gift to take home – a stuffed swan that looks just like one of the hotel’s three resident swans – Hercules, Athena and Chloe!
Toasted Hazelnut Chocolate Banana Crostini
By Pastry Chef Cassie Ballard and Wolfgang Puck, Wolfgang Puck at Hotel Bel-Air
1/2 cup Hazelnut Paste
1/3 cup Chocolate
3 1/2 cups Evaporated Milk
Artisanal Brioche- you can find this at any local bakery
Fresh Ripe Bananas
1. Make the hazelnut spread: Heat evaporated milk, add half of the chocolate and let rest for one minute. Fold in the hazelnut and remaining chocolate and let sit at room temperature.
2. Slice and toast brioche
3. Warm hazelnut spread to room temperature
4. Slice bananas into one inch strips
5. Cover Brioche with Hazelnut spread
6. Cut into 1x2 inch strips
7. On a metal sheet tray, dust bananas with sugar and carefully brûlée
Once bananas cool, layer on top of hazelnut brioche creating a shingle effect.