Now that Valentino recently celebrated its 40th anniversary with an incredible 40-course pairing dinner, the festivities continue as restaurateur Piero Selvaggio announced an upcoming white truffle dinner, utilizing fresh fungi picked the day before and hand-carried by chef Walter Ferretto (of Il Cascinale Nuovo in Asti, Italy), who will be working alongside Valentino executive chef Nico Chessa and pastry chef Alessandro Stroppa, as well as alumni Luciano Pellegrini, Angelo Auriana, and Davide Giova to present a 10-course pairing menu, all of which could take a healthy shaving of white truffles. (Though, honestly, what couldn’t?)
The cost starts at $175 per person, which includes those molto fresco white truffles in only one of the courses. Adding them to subsequent courses will run ya $50 a pop. Looks like I’m going to need to dig up an extra $450 somewhere…
Wine pairings are additional (price TBD), but corkage will be waived if you come bearing your own magnum bottle to open. RSVP via (310) 829-4313.
- Seared roasted jumbo scallops over green radicchio, Fontina, and pears with verjus
- Truffled baked onion with duck pâté and duck liver
- Savoy cabbage flan
- Fresh tagliolini, Alba style
- Traditional agnolotti dal plin
- Forbidden rice, risotto style, with roasted rabbit and white asparagus
- Cheesy polenta with wild mushrooms, soft poached egg, and white truffle
- Roasted veal loin with celeriac puree
- Buffalo medallion with red wine demi-glace
- Candied panna cotta, cannolo with ricotta gelato, and chocolate-almond cake
The Valentino 40th Anniversary White Truffle Dinner & Celebration
Tuesday, December 4, 6:30 p.m.
Valentino, 3115 Pico Blvd., Santa Monica, ValentinoSM.com