The seventh annual Los Angeles magazine Food Event takes place on Sunday, October 21, and once again we couldn’t be prouder of the stellar line-up of restaurants. To whet your appetite, we caught up with some of our guest chefs to find out what they’ll be making and what they are most excited to see at the event—that includes the zebras and camels. Get tickets and more information.
Chef David Lefevre
1. What other restaurant are you most looking forward to see at the event?
Sotto, their food rocks!!!!
2. Have you decided what you will be serving? If not, what do you have to take into account when choosing a dish to serve to 3,000 people.
We want to represent the restaurant with an item we actually serve so
guests get a real impression of what M.B. Post is. We choose a dish that can
be well executed at the event, for 3,000 people, and have it be a home run.
We'll be serving our Grilled Squid with gigante beans, pickled grapes and
3. What fall ingredient currently has you inspired?
Definitely the killer assortment of fall squashes.
4. Quick, what is the last thing you ate?
Bacon Cheddar Buttermilk Biscuit
5. Saddlerock Ranch-resident Camel vs. Zebra: Who wins?
That camel is seriously ornery. My money is on the camel—unless
of course the zebra's name is "Straw."
(Photograph by Alex J. Berliner)