Login / Register
ORNo Account? Register here.
Recipe: Rosemary Popcorn
The Hatfield’s serve this popcorn recipe at the bar, but it’s also a big hit their kids at home. Karen recommends adjusting this recipe to make it sweet, depending on your or your kid’s preference.
By Karen and Quinn Hatfield, Hatfield’s
4 cups vegetable oil
1 cup peeled garlic cloves
1 cup thinly sliced shallots
1 cup popcorn kernels
2 tablespoons finely chopped rosemary
Salt to taste
1. Make the garlic oil: In a 250 degree oven, put 2 cups of the oil and cloves in an oven-proof container and cook for about 1-1.5 hours until garlic is tender, but not too dark (light golden color). Reserve the cloves for other use.
2. Make the shallot oil: In a 250 degree oven, put 2 cups of the oil and shallots in an oven-proof container and cook for about 1-1.5 hours. Shallots should not pick up any color.
3. Combine 1 cup garlic oil and 1 cup popcorn kernels in a large pot with a lid (preferably 12 qt. or larger).
4. Place over medium heat, shaking constantly until all kernels have popped.
5. Remove from heat and drizzle in shallot oil.
6. Toss with rosemary and salt to taste.