The Power Playbook: Workouts at Work
- Brace the chair against the wall.
- Place your hands outside your thighs and ease your butt off the seat so your arms bear most of your weight.
- With chest out and toes pointed up, lower your body
to the floor by bending your elbows.
- When offered a cookie later, just say no.
- Scoot to the chair’s edge so your butt is halfway off.
- Lean back and straighten your body until your heels are just an inch off the floor.
- Raise both legs together while also bringing your torso forward for an added ab crunch.
- Skip the afternoon Coke; drink water instead.
- Stand on one leg two to three feet from a chair.
- Bend the other leg and rest the top of that foot on the seat.
- Lower your body by bending your standing knee (if that knee ends up
- farther forward than your toes, the chair is too close).
- Switch legs and ignore bemused colleagues.
Illustration by Chris Gas